"Your food choices each day affect your health — how you feel today, tomorrow, and in the future."
Reference: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Check out the articles below for some healthy eating tips and recipes as you optimize your nutrition and improve your health
What a Breakfast With 30 Grams of Protein Looks Like
There is no such thing as a perfect meal, although a good morning diet filled with protein can lead to a steady metabolism. Check out these quick breakfast ideas!
10 RD-Approved Frozen Snacks to Buy at Trader Joe’s
In a world where everything is changing so rapidly, there is an increase of uncertainty when it comes time to shop in the frozen section at our local grocery stores. Here are a few healthy options that help with this struggle.
5 Solutions to the Biggest Challenges of Eating Out
Let’s face it, most of us love the idea of convenience especially when it comes to food. Here are a few tips to successfully manage better eating habits outside of home.
LiveWell Program Nutrition Activities
50 LiveWell Points per consultation – 50 Points Maximum Annually
Weight Management Program
100 LiveWell points per program - 100 Points Max Annually
Journal for Healthy Eating
- Set a goal before you begin logging your foods. write down your goal: is it weight loss or feeling more energized.
- Log everything you consume be sure to note the date and time you eat, and what foods you are consuming, even when you indulge.
- Accountability recording everything you eat provides regulation and accountability for what you are putting into your body
- Eating balanced meals journaling will point out if you need more variety in your diet. For example, you may need to add more fruits and
vegetables to your diet. a diet should be balanced with carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- Achieving goals recording what you eat can make you reconsider what you put into your body. It reveals if you are consuming larger proportions
than you need. this can lead you to achieving your long term goals in health and wellness.
- Connect food to feelings leave an area in your journal to record how you feel after eating certain foods. it can help you pinpoint which foods make you feel energized and which foods drain you or make you feel sick in some way. doing this will help you eliminate foods that do not fuel your body.